So, I find myself dissatisfied with my relationship and wondering if I have valid concerns or if I am merely making something out of nothing. I find it curious that whenever I have an issue such as this I wonder first if it isn't of my own creation. Why is it that my first assumption is that if someone (even myself) is upset it is automatically my fault? Why must I be responsible for the feelings of every one I know? Is it a construct of being a woman? Is it due to my being a first born child? or is it something that is unique to my person?
Is it possible perhaps that it is a function of a heightened sense of responsibility? I feel that I must take care of everyone? That sounds quite narcissistic actually, that I should somehow be able to keep everyone happy (including myself) all the time. Of course any first year student can tell you that narcissism is a function of low self esteem. but I digress...
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment