So here I am world. I thought for so long that I had no reason to Blog. I felt that it would be pointless to put my thoughts out for the whole of the world to see. I mean if you don't have anything important to say why clutter up the web with more garbage and noise? But I have (as all people have) a need to be heard. I have thoughts and feelings that I want to think are important to other people. I can intellectualize that a personal blog is a lot like masturbation, all about self gratification. I realize that no one is likely to read my posts and that even if someone stumbles across it that it won't mean anything to them.
I have given my life to helping others (I'm a Psychologist) and I suppose I just want a bit of intellectual/emotional self gratification. That is why I have decided to post. Like eating chocolate or reading trashy novels I am entering this world with the knowledge that it is truly self indulgent. However, I would be lying to myself (and you blogosphere) if I didn't admit that I hope/wish that my thoughts could have meaning for others. Hence the signature of this blog, one of the greatest thinkers Victor Frankl may never have thought that his musings on the meaning of life would change so much for so many and yet it has.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Vicky, screw waiting for the perfect and profound thing to say. Say whatever you want. The internet is entirely unclutterable. It will stay that was as long as people can search for what they want and if I search for whatever and get whatever, I'm pretty happy.
ReplyDeleteSo, I'm curious as to what you, as a psychologist think of people who are afraid of fish. GO!